Mr. Friendly Says So
Monday, August 14, 2006
  What the hell are they teaching them in school?
This is going to be quick. I should be in a meeting right now. Ahhhh, I have my priorities.

This past weekend, the Mrs. and I took the kids to an amusement park. Well, since one kid is only 6 weeks old, I guess we took a kid to the amusement park. On third thought, both kids went so,...

Anyways, yesterday I am at the "all you can eat" breakfast (highly recommended) when I hear the following:
16 year old hostess: She said she had a blueberry doughnut...
16 year old busboy: They is no such thing. She must have meant bagel.

This is where I stepped in. Never let it be said that I let this kind of abject doughnut ignorance remain uncorrected.

Mr. Friendly: Indeed, the Dunkin makes a wonderful blueberry doughnut. In fact, they make two.
Busboy: I did not know that.
Mr. Friendly: You will have to order one on your next visit.
Hostess: Are you from around here?
Mr. Friendly: I live a mere 45 miles away unlike your usual riffraff. Would you like some directions to doughnut happiness?
Hostess: That's ok. Thanks for watching my back.
Mr. Friendly: My pleasure. Have a lovely day.

So, what the fug are they teaching kids these days anyways?

Pffft. No. blueberry. doughnuts.

Amateurs.
 
Comments:
Ah doughnuts...sweet delicious meddlies of dough, jellies, icings, sugars and fats...siiiggghhhh !!!
 
...you know, the low fat blueberry muffins at Dunkies are now pretty good, too.
 
No it was surreal. She came up to me like I was some sort of doughnut guru.

I totally baffled her with my Dunkin Donuts knowledge.

However, you have a point. I probably should have warned her about "ahem" older gentlemen showing off their wisdom.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Voted Best Blog 2006 by the city of Cohoes, NY. Mr. Friendly humbly accepts this honor as he attempts to stamp out retardation in our lifetime.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Upstate NY
Get a hold of Mr. Friendly at: mrfriendlyalb@yahoo.com
LINKS
  • Albany Links
  • Albany Eye
  • Shamus
  • The Judge Report
  • Funniest Newspaperman out there...
  • Howie Carr
  • Bring on the Funny
  • Anonymous Co-worker
  • The Phoenix
  • McBlogger aka Kanadian Korner
  • This bug attracts women by the busload
  • Mad Haiku
  • Shilling Like my name is Ron Popeil
  • BMW Books
  • Wall of Shame
  • Untouchable
  • Experiments in Greater Readership
  • Cohoes
  • My Subcontractors Suck
  • Products That Work
  • ARCHIVES
    January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / February 2007 / July 2007 / February 2008 / March 2008 / April 2008 / June 2008 / July 2008 / August 2008 / November 2008 / December 2010 /


    Powered by Blogger