Mr. Friendly Says So
Tuesday, August 22, 2006
  Let's Review
Back in January, I wrote a little tidbit about etiquette. Through observation, I learned that the message has not reached all of you. For the recalcitrant retards, I present the following in the hopes that they will wise up.

Cellphones in the men's room are a NO NO. They are distracting and not in compliance with the common, yet unwritten, code of etiquette.

Last week, I lined up next to some jagass on his cellphone. He cradled it with his chin and shoulder while he did his dirty work with both hands. As he went on about some technical mumbo-jumbo, I wondered if the person(s) he was speaking to knew where he was and what he was doing. For their sake, I considered flicking the phone off his shoulder into the urinary stew below. It took all my self control, but I did resist the urge.

Instead, I posted this really cool sign in the john.



Next up is the moron who goes to the office restroom, urinates, then gives a cursory hand wash. And by cursory, I mean a 1 second splash of water to the fingertips. Look, I know water is a great solvent BUT
1.) You need to get more than your fingertips on one hand wet.
2.) Soap increases the surface tension of the water, thus improving its ability to lift scum from your hands.
3.) Soap has antibacterial agents designed to KILL the coliform bacteria that is all over your hands after urination.
4.) Spare me your bullshat efforts to prove to me and the other restroom user that you are not a sewer rat. Those efforts, sir, are in vain.

Don't believe me about the bacteria, check this out.

So, to summarize: don't use your cellphone in the john; wash your fugging hands when you are done.

Goddam, I sound like my mother. Only she used to give me a kick in the arse when I acted like a fugging pig. Upon consultation with Mom, I am considering her method.

Either way, there will not be a third warning.
 
Comments:
Forget it - some people have to have their cell phone with them and in use no matter where they are. It's an illness.

And there are many other people who never wash their hands. That's why I do the "pat on the back" method of greeting.
 
A guy was standing next to me in the restroom, yakking away on the phone, so I flushed the urinal a couple of times, then farted. It was very, uh, satisfying.

Thanks for the link, I'll return the favor.
 
I'd love to hang out with you and JV so we can sanitize the world.
 
Shamus-great idea. Another alternative to the man hug.

Mad-I am afraid these guys would not get the picture. They just don't care. They thrive in a cloud of urine and feces.

ag-I would settle for sanitizing my little corner of the world.
 
I find it hillarious to hear a guy on the phone while taking a dump. My Lord, put the damn phone away. Some things are just plain sacred...and some things might just take some damn concentration.

I wonder what kind of germs can be found on a cell phone.
 
Mr F I emailed you a blog invite, please look for it. =D
 
Will do ag.
 
Germs on a cell phone. Did you do any research yet Phoenix?
 
This weekend, I had a cell phone urinal-talker. So I just flushed as soon as he walked up. And then I flushed again. And again.

Good times.

-- david
 
David,
You know, this blogging thing can just be a wellspring of ideas.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Voted Best Blog 2006 by the city of Cohoes, NY. Mr. Friendly humbly accepts this honor as he attempts to stamp out retardation in our lifetime.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Upstate NY
Get a hold of Mr. Friendly at: mrfriendlyalb@yahoo.com
LINKS
  • Albany Links
  • Albany Eye
  • Shamus
  • The Judge Report
  • Funniest Newspaperman out there...
  • Howie Carr
  • Bring on the Funny
  • Anonymous Co-worker
  • The Phoenix
  • McBlogger aka Kanadian Korner
  • This bug attracts women by the busload
  • Mad Haiku
  • Shilling Like my name is Ron Popeil
  • BMW Books
  • Wall of Shame
  • Untouchable
  • Experiments in Greater Readership
  • Cohoes
  • My Subcontractors Suck
  • Products That Work
  • ARCHIVES
    January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / February 2007 / July 2007 / February 2008 / March 2008 / April 2008 / June 2008 / July 2008 / August 2008 / November 2008 / December 2010 /


    Powered by Blogger