Mr. Friendly Says So
Wednesday, November 01, 2006
  Nothing Stops Child's Pursuit of Candy
Happy Day After for all those parents with little kids out there! Happy All Saints Day to the Katlicks!

The rest of you, I don't know, Happy "Only 54 Days 'til Christmas!" Get. off. my. back!

Generally, I am out the door for work at 6:30 in the morn. Yesterday, lil Squirt got up with me,

Then Mommy got up.

Then Junior got up. She hardly ever does that. Perhaps it was the barky cough. Perhaps it was the tears. Either way, I am on the phone with the doctor, ahem Physician's Assistant, on call. We join the call in progress.

MRF: I think she just yakked up a lung! Can somebody see her in half an hour?
PA (Physician's Assistant): The office will be opened at 8:45.
MRF: (To Junior) Is that blood? Holy Cripes, I have to bring you to Urgent Care!
PA: Sir, as her parent, you must do what you think is best. However, we strongly urge you to bring Junior in to the office at 8:45
MRF: What do I have to say to get one of the three real doctors to look at my kid?
PA: Someone will be available at 8:45..

And on it goes...

Heaven forbid someone wake the doctors. Hell, I am a lowly IT drone, but I can haul my carcass to work for 7AM. I don't even have an avocation. I mean, I HATE MY JOB! But come hell or high water, there I am. At. my. desk. Everyday.

What Mr. and Mrs., sorry, Dr. and Mrs. "I want to save the world"...
Too tired?
Worked one day this week already?
Gotta get the kids to school?
Need to have breakfast with the trophy wife/loser husband?
Insurance payments too low?

What? What? What is the reason you friggin docs don't care?

So, anyways. Coughing subsides and Mrs. brings Junior into the docs later in the day. But, in her diligence she did managed to score some serious cough medicine for Junior. I think her conversation went like this:

Mrs Friendly : WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO GET MY KID SOME COUGH MEDICINE WITH CODEINE????!!!!
Dr Wuss: Well, um, uh, we don't like to prescribe those meds regularly...
MRF: Then next time she has a cold, she can stay with you and your family.
DW: Well, I have never prescribed that medicine for my kids.
MRF (sensing BS): Well, then you will have no trouble caring for Junior at your house! No, seriously, must I bring her to the emergency room to get what I want?!

The following is a quote:
DW: Well, we don't want her to have disjointed care. I will prescribe the meds.

Mrs. found the magic words. Threaten the docs in the pocket book. That's the ticket!

Junior comes home after school and doctor's office. However, her enthusiasm for her favorite holiday (except Christmas) IS NOT DAMPENED! She goes trick or treating not once, not twice, but, as John Kerry would say, thrice.

The witnesses:
1.) Babysitter (1 hour trip)
2.) The mother (1 hour trip)
3.) The father (2 hour trip)

Long story short. 4 hours of fun in the neighborhood. An hour of examining the booty and eating a few pieces. One teaspoon of cough medicine and it is lights out for Junior. God bless adrenaline, sugar crashes, and codeine.

Oh well, it's all good fun.

For the rest of us who be Katlick, make sure you get your arse into a church today. Holy Day and all! Say a couple of prayers to all saints with respect to your salvation.

Can't hurt none. They only want to help.

You see you can't pray for a saint. There isn't anything he or she can do with it. They already got their reward. So you pray to the saints to intercede on your behalf. Thus endeth the theology lesson for today. Trust me, having others in your court can not hurt.

*****************************************************
I have been meaning to post some pictures lately. But I can't right now because fuggin Blogger is giving me the finger. Oh well, there's always tomorrow.


Speaking of tomorrow, don't forget it is All Souls Day. Get in church for a minute or two and pray for someone you really wish gets his heavenly reward.

In the meantime and in the spirit of the holiday, May your Peppermint Patties be few and your Snickers be plentiful!
 
Comments:
And people wonder what's wrong with the health care system. Maybe the answer is to make every day Halloween!
 
It would never work Mad. We already got dentists over here paying the little kids $1 a pound for their candy.

I gots two problems with this:
1.) Can't anything just be fun anymore?
2.) Dentists are even cheaper than doctors. I pay $3 a pound for my candy.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Voted Best Blog 2006 by the city of Cohoes, NY. Mr. Friendly humbly accepts this honor as he attempts to stamp out retardation in our lifetime.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Upstate NY
Get a hold of Mr. Friendly at: mrfriendlyalb@yahoo.com
LINKS
  • Albany Links
  • Albany Eye
  • Shamus
  • The Judge Report
  • Funniest Newspaperman out there...
  • Howie Carr
  • Bring on the Funny
  • Anonymous Co-worker
  • The Phoenix
  • McBlogger aka Kanadian Korner
  • This bug attracts women by the busload
  • Mad Haiku
  • Shilling Like my name is Ron Popeil
  • BMW Books
  • Wall of Shame
  • Untouchable
  • Experiments in Greater Readership
  • Cohoes
  • My Subcontractors Suck
  • Products That Work
  • ARCHIVES
    January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / February 2007 / July 2007 / February 2008 / March 2008 / April 2008 / June 2008 / July 2008 / August 2008 / November 2008 / December 2010 /


    Powered by Blogger