Mr. Friendly Says So
Wednesday, September 06, 2006
  Valtrex Or What your Partner Does Not Share With You Concerning the Large Sores in and Around his Genital Area
I'm back baby, I'm back. -- MrF

No one missed you jagass. -- MrF's readers

Ok, so I am spinning the dial over the weekend. Between EWTN and the Discovery Channel, I think I caught about 420 different commercials pumping Valtrex. All I can say is:

It's gold, Jerry, GOLD!

I love these spots. There is our lucky virus sufferer telling the world that he (or she) and his penis (or vagina) are back mixing it up, so to speak. AND he has his (or her) partner here to tell you how fuggin' wonderful genital herpes life is.

Picture it. Your there in your darkened room convalescing from the latest breakout when the white coats from GlaxoSmithKline come to rescue. Your daily treatment of Valtrex sends you from social pariah to a sex machine. Aren't you just a little bit sad that you made fun of the science geeks in high school now?

In lieu of running photos of infected areas, I will steal material from the Valtrex FAQ and supply my own answers:

How common is genital herpes?
It is estimated that some 45 million suffer from genital herpes. Although that is alot of people that doesn't prevent the other 5.95 billion people on earth from thinking they are sexually unclean.

How can I reduce the risk of spreading the herpes virus?
Ummm, let me think. Stop fuggin' goats! No seriously, you might want to, yeah, stop fuggin' goats! Not screwing other humans may help too.

How can my partner find out if he or she has genital herpes?
JEEBUS! How the hell did you find out? Did the appearance of sores in your genital area help?

I’m in a long-term relationship – if I just found out I have genital herpes, does that mean my partner has been sexually unfaithful?
Yes, consider lashing out as soon as he (or she) gets home. I have the number of some folks in Trenton who can make your problems, ahem, disappear.

If I think I have genital herpes, what should I do?
Take Valtrex stupid. No seriously, panic is good. No seriously, take Valtrex.

Is there an increased risk of catching other sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) if I have genital herpes?
Hey, I am no statistician but, I think the chances are good.

This frank and open discussion is presented as a public service.
 
Comments:
okay. that was pretty damn funny
 
I find the Valtrex commercials incredibly funny. Glaxo is showing, simply, that sex sells.

The lady smiles, and explains she takes Valtrex, and her hubby is groping her from behind. So the whole point of taking it is so she can have sex sooner...right?

It's amazing how uneducated people are. Hey - you get cold sores???? Guess what - Herpes Simplex 1 buddy!
 
dedd - thanks

forty_two - maybe trade the herpes' futures?

phoenix - the question is if you would not kiss someone with a cold sore, why in the world would you have sex with someone with cold sores on their genitalia?

I stipulate that the average IQ is declining rapidly.
 
So I'm not the only person watching EWTN? Praise Allah!
 
I can't believe someone WOULDN'T know they have it... I would think there'd be some tell tale signs. Yeesh, people these days..
 
Shamus - There is alot to be said about EWTN. Most of it is blasphemous, but what are you gonna do?

McB - Indeed, the March of the Dullards carries on.
 
I like your answers. You should be a copywriter for the pharmaceutical companies; the medicine reading would be much more entertaining.

-- david
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Voted Best Blog 2006 by the city of Cohoes, NY. Mr. Friendly humbly accepts this honor as he attempts to stamp out retardation in our lifetime.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Upstate NY
Get a hold of Mr. Friendly at: mrfriendlyalb@yahoo.com
LINKS
  • Albany Links
  • Albany Eye
  • Shamus
  • The Judge Report
  • Funniest Newspaperman out there...
  • Howie Carr
  • Bring on the Funny
  • Anonymous Co-worker
  • The Phoenix
  • McBlogger aka Kanadian Korner
  • This bug attracts women by the busload
  • Mad Haiku
  • Shilling Like my name is Ron Popeil
  • BMW Books
  • Wall of Shame
  • Untouchable
  • Experiments in Greater Readership
  • Cohoes
  • My Subcontractors Suck
  • Products That Work
  • ARCHIVES
    January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / February 2007 / July 2007 / February 2008 / March 2008 / April 2008 / June 2008 / July 2008 / August 2008 / November 2008 / December 2010 /


    Powered by Blogger