Mr. Friendly Says So
Thursday, August 10, 2006
  See that kid in the wheelchair? Bean him!

I was listening to the Dan Patrick show on the way home yesterday. He was generating some talk by bringing up this story in Sports Illustrated. Generally, I don't synchronize my outrage with the ESPN guys because, you know, they go to bat for alot of questionable personalities...
Where's the Barry Bonds outrage?
or Terrel Owens?
Ricky Williams?
Mark McGwire?

OK, you get the point. These folks save their sanctimony for some nobody Pony League coach who has the temerity to intentionally walk the league's best hitter so his pitcher can try his hand at striking out a cancer survivor.

Outrageous? Hell, yeah.
Despicable? In a game where they cap the runs scored to four an inning, yeah, this is pretty bad behavior.
Par for the course in the world of peewee athletics? You betcha.

I remember, back in the day, when my little league coach would make us run laps for losing a game. I remember riding the bench in high school basketball because coach was working on a dynasty or some such shat. When I played football, I saw alot of time but there was always one or two dudes who went to every practice, gave it their all and saw nothing but garbage time in the games. These, of course, don't compare to the egregious behavior cited above but, I'm thinking it is only a difference in degree.

Anyways, that is not really the point of this post. The point is Radio Dan opened the lines for phone calls. The second dude on the line says, and I quote:
"I don't know what the big deal is. Just because you are a cancer survivor, doesn't mean you get a free pass."

I had to pull over the car I was laughing so hard.

Yeah chief, you're right. You don't have to go to chemo anymore! So, be a Man!

Clearly this moron needs to be schooled in Mr. Friendly's axiom number 311. It is, and I quote:

In the world of cancer, the only thing worse than being a survivor, is not being a survivor.
***********************************************************************************
In other news, just wanted to thank ag, McBlogger, Phoenix, Shamus for their kind words. and, um Welcome Aboard the short bus, I guess.
 
Comments:
That's just nuts.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Voted Best Blog 2006 by the city of Cohoes, NY. Mr. Friendly humbly accepts this honor as he attempts to stamp out retardation in our lifetime.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Upstate NY
Get a hold of Mr. Friendly at: mrfriendlyalb@yahoo.com
LINKS
  • Albany Links
  • Albany Eye
  • Shamus
  • The Judge Report
  • Funniest Newspaperman out there...
  • Howie Carr
  • Bring on the Funny
  • Anonymous Co-worker
  • The Phoenix
  • McBlogger aka Kanadian Korner
  • This bug attracts women by the busload
  • Mad Haiku
  • Shilling Like my name is Ron Popeil
  • BMW Books
  • Wall of Shame
  • Untouchable
  • Experiments in Greater Readership
  • Cohoes
  • My Subcontractors Suck
  • Products That Work
  • ARCHIVES
    January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / February 2007 / July 2007 / February 2008 / March 2008 / April 2008 / June 2008 / July 2008 / August 2008 / November 2008 / December 2010 /


    Powered by Blogger