Mr. Friendly Says So
Tuesday, July 11, 2006
  What I did on my Summer Vacation
Hey.
How you doin'?
I'm okay. My wife had a kid. Yeah, a little boy. Sleeps like he's on Ambien.

Got another beer? Thanks.

Despite a lack of focus, let's see what the day brings blogwise.

On the night before we went into the hospital to get the little squirt birthed and all, I played a little hold 'em online (really trying to close the account because I know I will not have a lot of time to play). Put up my last $100 or so in a .50/$1 cash game on Stars. Double up my pile in less than an hour (Dammit!). Let this be a lesson to you kids, I can't win for losing.

Baby is born and I realize that the nursery room nurses are only nice and sweet with the babies when the parents are around. Rest of the time, it is a real fuggin snake pit in there. I watched them give lil Squirt (our boy) a bath and wished I hadn't. I don't think the nurses feel antipathy toward the babies, it's more like indifference. Like how I felt for packages when I worked at the Brown Frown (that would be UPS).

If you have an hour to kill and you are not squemish, try either of the following Discovery Channel shows. Granted they really appeal to us who like watch things get blown up, shot, dropped, mangled, or people falling in garbage, renderings, or feces.
Mythbusters
Dirty Jobs

For those of you wondering, boys do pee more frequently and with greater velocity. Just ask Mrs. Friendly and she will show you the boy's clothing, his bedsheets, our bedsheets, towels, changing pads, diapers, etc. to prove her point.

For the one or two of you looking for pictures of lil Squirt, you must wait for the email and, thus, my procrastination.

Most state employees need another hand these days. Well, they got one hand pointing in blame at a colleague and another set of fingers firmly stuck in their arse...

Junior and I went to see Click while on vacation. It is really sad to see how far Adam Sandler has fallen since his glorious Happy Gilmore. On the other hand, Junior strongly recommends the Malta Drive In's Italian Ice.

Oh, I had a reader ask me who won the race between the newborn and the client payroll. The winner is ... MY BOY (was there ever any doubt!). He was born on Friday and the check came on Saturday. Lil Squirt is already demonstating an ability to hit 'em in the clutch.

Carry on. Leave a tip.
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Voted Best Blog 2006 by the city of Cohoes, NY. Mr. Friendly humbly accepts this honor as he attempts to stamp out retardation in our lifetime.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Upstate NY
Get a hold of Mr. Friendly at: mrfriendlyalb@yahoo.com
LINKS
  • Albany Links
  • Albany Eye
  • Shamus
  • The Judge Report
  • Funniest Newspaperman out there...
  • Howie Carr
  • Bring on the Funny
  • Anonymous Co-worker
  • The Phoenix
  • McBlogger aka Kanadian Korner
  • This bug attracts women by the busload
  • Mad Haiku
  • Shilling Like my name is Ron Popeil
  • BMW Books
  • Wall of Shame
  • Untouchable
  • Experiments in Greater Readership
  • Cohoes
  • My Subcontractors Suck
  • Products That Work
  • ARCHIVES
    January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / February 2007 / July 2007 / February 2008 / March 2008 / April 2008 / June 2008 / July 2008 / August 2008 / November 2008 / December 2010 /


    Powered by Blogger