Mr. Friendly Says So
Thursday, July 13, 2006
  Trying ..to... regain...focus.
Ah, Albany! How I looked on you with envious eyes from up the river in Cohoes. Your crumbly buildings crumbling, your mumbly people mumbling. I knew you were the place for me.

Little did I know from my Hudson hideaway that you really are shatburg after all.

Hey, anyone know how far away you need to be to NOT recognize Mayor Jerry Jennings? I was in Capitol Park yesterday and spotted the Orange One (with bodyguard of course!) getting into his mayor mobile. That's gotta be a quarter mile. That's gotta be some sun damaged skin!

Just for the fug of it, who in the world would want to do physical harm to Albany's Mayor? His girlfriend's husband? I don't know.

Speaking of Capitol Park, I got my hot dog yesterday. No PETA-philes to share it with! C'mon people! I remember the day when a little rain would not discourage violent peaceniks yelling about war, strung out, smelly hippies pleading for SSI, sickly vegetarians demanding soybean subsidies, pissed off teachers, disgruntled union members, political hacks, layabout SUNY students...They would be out there! With their placards! Chanting things you could not understand! In foreign languages! Not today though man, protestors are way too complacent!

What happened to everyone's commitment to public grousing?

Kind of makes me want to start my own protest group. How about, "Republicans for Better Bacon!" I don't know, I'll work on it.

So I make it to Washington Park during my walk yesterday. I have one foot (literally) in the park before I get the "Hey, Buddy." routine. Only, he didn't call me buddy and he wasn't that polite. It was more like "Hey! What time is it?"
What I wanted to say: Time to get a new come on line! Go put the arm on someone else!
What I did say: It's noon.

Call me Mr. Pussy.
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Voted Best Blog 2006 by the city of Cohoes, NY. Mr. Friendly humbly accepts this honor as he attempts to stamp out retardation in our lifetime.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Upstate NY
Get a hold of Mr. Friendly at: mrfriendlyalb@yahoo.com
LINKS
  • Albany Links
  • Albany Eye
  • Shamus
  • The Judge Report
  • Funniest Newspaperman out there...
  • Howie Carr
  • Bring on the Funny
  • Anonymous Co-worker
  • The Phoenix
  • McBlogger aka Kanadian Korner
  • This bug attracts women by the busload
  • Mad Haiku
  • Shilling Like my name is Ron Popeil
  • BMW Books
  • Wall of Shame
  • Untouchable
  • Experiments in Greater Readership
  • Cohoes
  • My Subcontractors Suck
  • Products That Work
  • ARCHIVES
    January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / February 2007 / July 2007 / February 2008 / March 2008 / April 2008 / June 2008 / July 2008 / August 2008 / November 2008 / December 2010 /


    Powered by Blogger