Mr. Friendly Says So
Friday, July 21, 2006
  If you don't need it, give it back.
Hey! Today we have a guest post from an old friend of mine, HeidelHill Pat. We worked together at the Brown Frown over twenty years ago. I think this little ditty harkens back to 1986. Pat lived out Berne-Knox area. Those of you not from the Albany, NY area, that is our closest, but not only, backwoods enclave. Pat was a good guy and good to work with, but we tried hard not to piss him off. He was as strong as an ox and that twitchy eye told everyone that knew him, Pat was a fuggin' powderkeg. Enjoy and I hope to be back later today.

So anyways, you all know I live out in the Heidelbergs. God's country. T'aint but ten miles or more between neighbors.

I'm driving to work one day when I spot Stacks and one of his cooter dogs out for a walk. I figure they're out doing some "out of season" turkey farming since Stacks has got his shotgun with him.

Um, Smith and Wesson, 20 gauge.

Stacks got his name by lifting hay bales. Done ran out of stacks when showing his cousins how many he could lift. He is a big fella. Anyways thats got nothing to do with the story.

I pull over to talk to Stacks since I haven't seen him in awhile.

"Hey Stacks, where you been hiding yourself?"
"Hey ya Pat. I ain't been hiding."
Stacks was a nice guy, just pretty literal.
"You two doing a little hunting?"
"Now you know Pat, I can't go hunting since the state took my license away." Stacks says with a wink. "I'm not going anyways. Got to run an errand."
"Yeah," I say, "can I give you and the dog a lift somewhere?"
"Nah. My errand is for the dog. You know I got too many dogs at home, I was just about to give this dog back."
"Really Stacks, where the hell you going? That dog don't belong to me and I am the only one that lives around here."
Stacks looks me in the eye, spits, then says "I'm giving him back to the Lord."

Now you know, the Humane Society has nothing on Stacks.
Thanks for listening.
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Voted Best Blog 2006 by the city of Cohoes, NY. Mr. Friendly humbly accepts this honor as he attempts to stamp out retardation in our lifetime.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Upstate NY
Get a hold of Mr. Friendly at: mrfriendlyalb@yahoo.com
LINKS
  • Albany Links
  • Albany Eye
  • Shamus
  • The Judge Report
  • Funniest Newspaperman out there...
  • Howie Carr
  • Bring on the Funny
  • Anonymous Co-worker
  • The Phoenix
  • McBlogger aka Kanadian Korner
  • This bug attracts women by the busload
  • Mad Haiku
  • Shilling Like my name is Ron Popeil
  • BMW Books
  • Wall of Shame
  • Untouchable
  • Experiments in Greater Readership
  • Cohoes
  • My Subcontractors Suck
  • Products That Work
  • ARCHIVES
    January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / February 2007 / July 2007 / February 2008 / March 2008 / April 2008 / June 2008 / July 2008 / August 2008 / November 2008 / December 2010 /


    Powered by Blogger