Mr. Friendly Says So
Monday, July 31, 2006
  I am certain that your certainty is uncertain.
Not that I enjoy standing with the bible bangers (Katlicks included), but the atheists really, really, really piss me off. Want to know why? Sure you do.

1.) Non believers, from here on out let's call them the Unclean, say that God's existence can't be proven. I stipulate. That is what faith is about. I believe despite the lack of evidence. However, can the unclean prove he does not exist? Really. Are you willing to stipulate that your lack of faith is based on faith.

2.) Ipso facto, non believers have their own religion. The religion of scoffing, of nothing, of narcissism, of the iconoclast. It is fair to say they believe in nothing, not even their own existence. Fallacious thinking on their part. I don't know about you, but I think it might be wise to be skeptical of the unclean.
If you throw in with them and they are wrong, YOU ARE SCREWED. However, we all have doubts on God's existence, but we go ahead proclaim our faith. Why? Cause, like my father's friend Shakes Robinson said when asked why he carried a piece "Better to be caught with it than to be caught without it."

3.) If you believe, as I do, that people are selfish, thoughtless, hostile, socially, emotionally, mentally retarded than you got to believe in miracles. Because for all our faults, and they are multudinous, we have yet to destroy ourselves. Additionally, we got truly sainted individuals coming down the pipe every now and then (e.g. MLK, Gandhi, Mother Theresa, Princess Di, etc.). I, on an article of faith, attribute these outcome to a spark of divinity in all our souls by some one much smarter than us who loves us very much.

4.) I think the point of Harris' End of Faith is that Reason demands the end of Religion because the latter is the cause of much conflict in the world. Now that Man has weapons of mass destruction, these conflicts could lead to the END OF THE WORLD. Hell, I don't know but isn't the very existence of the US, Britain, Canada, Australia, and the rest of the West is an argument that those prejudices that kept men apart are slowly melting away?

5.) Last, and most compelling, I listen to the atheists among us. They are among some of the most angry, twisted, retarded among us (I could link 'em up, but it wouldn't be Christian). Measured against Jesus, it kind of makes it easy to choose your side. It is like Mom said "You are the company you keep."

On the other hand, I could be wrong. But what will that cost you?

I promise more Stupid Medical Stories as soon as I figure out the point.
 
Comments:
John Lennon said, "God is a concept by which we measure our pain."

I'm not sure exactly what he meant, but I think he was talking about Yoko.
 
What about us Agnostics? Are we not men? Are we not Devo?
 
Shamus-
Is John Lennon in hell? Is he keeping a seat warm for Yoko?

John-
Agnostic? Take a stand, man!

Really, gentlemen. Generally, I sympathize with the doubters, I really do. But, the real pains in the ass are the ones that ARE SURE that God does not exist. They are no different than the fundamentalists, Jehovah witnesses, or what have you. They take a position and instead of being content, they need to convince you of their absolute veracity because they, I don't know, feel lonely.

Whatever happened to "live and let live?"
 
Not every one of us are like that. You'll just get some arseholes forcing their beliefs on to people. Just think "fuck you mate"
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Voted Best Blog 2006 by the city of Cohoes, NY. Mr. Friendly humbly accepts this honor as he attempts to stamp out retardation in our lifetime.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Upstate NY
Get a hold of Mr. Friendly at: mrfriendlyalb@yahoo.com
LINKS
  • Albany Links
  • Albany Eye
  • Shamus
  • The Judge Report
  • Funniest Newspaperman out there...
  • Howie Carr
  • Bring on the Funny
  • Anonymous Co-worker
  • The Phoenix
  • McBlogger aka Kanadian Korner
  • This bug attracts women by the busload
  • Mad Haiku
  • Shilling Like my name is Ron Popeil
  • BMW Books
  • Wall of Shame
  • Untouchable
  • Experiments in Greater Readership
  • Cohoes
  • My Subcontractors Suck
  • Products That Work
  • ARCHIVES
    January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / February 2007 / July 2007 / February 2008 / March 2008 / April 2008 / June 2008 / July 2008 / August 2008 / November 2008 / December 2010 /


    Powered by Blogger