Mr. Friendly Says So
Thursday, June 29, 2006
  L'il Squirt
What the hell am I doing at work?

Billing. By the way, the answer is always billing.

But my head is not in the game coach.

I need to get home and
1.) put a second coat on lil Squirt's room
2.) get the crib together, this is not an emergency.
3.) move some furniture so I can get the basinet in our bedroom
4.) do the car seat thing (veddy, veddy, important)

So my need to do things outweighs my need to bill. Hmm. What to do.
Go home at lunch. But not before I log some thoughts.

My predictions for the weekend.
1.) Mrs. Friendly lashes out at the Health service staff. My best guess is that
everyone (orderly, nursing aide, nurse, doctor, administrator) may feel her wrath.
2.) We will forget something really important. When Junior was born, I forgot to
bring a pacifier. I went back home to get one at 2 in the morning. Nope, the hospital WILL NOT give you one. Another reason the Mrs. lashed out.
3.) Nurses will take Mrs. vitals two or more times in the middle of the night. Despite Mrs. warnings during her pregnancy, this will occur. And this will be the main cause of much trouble over the weekend.
4.) lil Squirt will lose his foreskin. I hope to God it isn't a bloodbath...for his sake and mine.
5.) Junior gets her first taste of crappy hospital food. For free.
6.) lil Squirt will do all the normal things: eat, sleep, eliminate merconium. Can't wait.
7.) Outside chance on this one but lil Squirt may meet his pediatrician a little earlier than your average baby. Nothing to hemorrhage over, just an imperfection.
8.) Mommy and lil Squirt eye each other suspiciously.
9.) Mommy and lil Squirt fall in love.
10.) Daddy cries because he so happy.

Have a good weekend. I am starting mine early.
 
Comments:
yikes. hope it went well.
 
Shamus,
Everything went great! Mom and lil Squirt were thrown out of the hospital a day early. That gave us one extra day to get to know each other (or get on each other's nerves).

The little guy is a heavy eater/sleeper. Seems he is taking my best qualities and running with them.

More tomorrow as I leave the baby demand center and return to the fortress of narcolepsy at work.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Voted Best Blog 2006 by the city of Cohoes, NY. Mr. Friendly humbly accepts this honor as he attempts to stamp out retardation in our lifetime.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Upstate NY
Get a hold of Mr. Friendly at: mrfriendlyalb@yahoo.com
LINKS
  • Albany Links
  • Albany Eye
  • Shamus
  • The Judge Report
  • Funniest Newspaperman out there...
  • Howie Carr
  • Bring on the Funny
  • Anonymous Co-worker
  • The Phoenix
  • McBlogger aka Kanadian Korner
  • This bug attracts women by the busload
  • Mad Haiku
  • Shilling Like my name is Ron Popeil
  • BMW Books
  • Wall of Shame
  • Untouchable
  • Experiments in Greater Readership
  • Cohoes
  • My Subcontractors Suck
  • Products That Work
  • ARCHIVES
    January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / February 2007 / July 2007 / February 2008 / March 2008 / April 2008 / June 2008 / July 2008 / August 2008 / November 2008 / December 2010 /


    Powered by Blogger