Mr. Friendly Says So
Friday, May 05, 2006
  Weekly Update Roundup in the News at a Glance
If you know your flopped straight is going to fall by the river, do you call your opponent's all in anyways?

I did.

I lost.

With a seven card straight.

Dam you MarkyMark and your detestable, black magic all in! I will see you burn in Hell!

So anyways, I play what, about 6 hands. Two, no one calls my massive bets. Three, I don't hit the flop and I am out. Number 6, I am in the big blind with 34o. Flop is 567. I begin to tremble. Then Monsieur Mark throws in $15. I have about $12 in front of me. I should be dying to put this in but in the back of my head I hear:
"Fool! Your pitiful sucker end straight will fall to the better straight when Mark hits his 4 outer!"

I did not listen to the voice. Bet and flip. MarkyMark has a 9. Turn is a 2. River is a 8. My 2-8 straight falls to his straight to the 9.

Poker sucks, la-la-la. Poker sucks, tra-la-la.

That's it kids, that was my night.
*********************************

Any other exciting news?

Oh yeah, this one is for unionized state workers that think consultants make the big money.

Next time you are crying over your Daily Racing Form and Budweiser (the official lunch of the CSEA), bemoaning how God done you wrong by not making you a "high priced" IT consultant, consider:
1.) I do not have a hold on my position. Every year or so, I could be out on my arse. I must rebid.
2.) Suppose I win the contract, even with a renewal, I still need to wait for State Comptroller approval in order to get paid. What does that mean? It means until approved by all the statie bureaucrats, and there are many, I DO NOT GET PAID. Which, furthermore, means I have been working at my current site on the current contract since this winter WITHOUT GETTING PAID! How long do you think you could do that?
3.) No days off.
4.) No pension contributions.
5.) No health insurance.
6.) No falling asleep at my desk.

Just something to keep in mind the next time you ask me to sign your petition to do SOMETHING about state contractors.
************************************
Last 5 vehicles that almost ended my life
1.) CDTA (Capital District Transportation) Bus #31 at Clinton and Broadway, Albany.
2.) CDTA (Capital District Transportation) Bus #8 at State and Broadway, Albany.
3.) CDTA (Capital District Transportation) Bus #24 at Encon Building, Albany.
4.) Some Escalade in front of the Dunkin. Spinner rims, blaring hip hop, driver's got the bling. Yeah, there's no drug problem around here.
5.) Former Albany Police Chief John Nielsen almost ran me over in the cross walk in front of the Steuben Club in Albany. Fugger never even looked. Nice Ford Explorer. Wish I had a company car.

This post is not funny enough. Not at all.

It's all right. Something retarded is just around the corner.
 
Comments:
I counted four buicks.

And you?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Voted Best Blog 2006 by the city of Cohoes, NY. Mr. Friendly humbly accepts this honor as he attempts to stamp out retardation in our lifetime.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Upstate NY
Get a hold of Mr. Friendly at: mrfriendlyalb@yahoo.com
LINKS
  • Albany Links
  • Albany Eye
  • Shamus
  • The Judge Report
  • Funniest Newspaperman out there...
  • Howie Carr
  • Bring on the Funny
  • Anonymous Co-worker
  • The Phoenix
  • McBlogger aka Kanadian Korner
  • This bug attracts women by the busload
  • Mad Haiku
  • Shilling Like my name is Ron Popeil
  • BMW Books
  • Wall of Shame
  • Untouchable
  • Experiments in Greater Readership
  • Cohoes
  • My Subcontractors Suck
  • Products That Work
  • ARCHIVES
    January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / February 2007 / July 2007 / February 2008 / March 2008 / April 2008 / June 2008 / July 2008 / August 2008 / November 2008 / December 2010 /


    Powered by Blogger