Mr. Friendly Says So
Thursday, April 13, 2006
  NOT another story about me losing 3,000 buy ins
Played at Wally's last night:
The lineup: Mrs. Wally, WallyBall, HisCoworker, LetsChat, theHost, Mr.Vegas, me. Cooper was supposed to be there, but she did not show. I hope you're not lying in a ditch some where Cooper! Yeah, that would be a shame.

Anyways, half an hour into the game, Mrs.Wally is up a buyin, Mr.Vegas is up in a big way, and I am folding, theCoworker is donating and not much else is going on. Oh yeah, theHost is complaining about his cards. Well, that's almost normal. Totally normal would be where I am biatching about my cards too. I guess I have matured.

Things were going along typically. You know, limp, limp, big raise, fold, fold, fold, etc...you get the picture. That's when I noticed that theHost was in for a rebuy. During the course of the night there another rebuy, many more complaints about his hole cards, and a stewfest for a good, solid half hour before the horseshoe landed up his arse. This fuggin guy went from 3 buyins down to about 7 buyins in front of him. A run of cards, you say? I say it was a fuggin stampede.

That money had to come from somewhere and all I have to say is IT WAS NOT FROM ME!

Except one hand.

I pumped up the preflop action to about 5X the BB. theHost calls. (FUGGIN FUGFACE!)
I hit both my A and my Q on the flop and bet out again. Host calls (SHAT!). A blank and a K later, I HOPE I am good. Not betting huge, I think I am just milking theHost at this point. But, lo and behold, after we flip, I spot his 3,247th straight in a row.

Nice, very nice.

LetsChat had a good run last night. Too much pink lemonade may have torpedoed him though. At one point, the table was listing in his direction due to excess chip weight. By the end, even this lowly writer managed to outchip him. Still, it was a princely sum and well done.

Mrs. Wally had to split a little early. She was game and gave us plenty of chances to get our money back. But, you know, she's preggers and baby needs rest. "So", to put it in her sweet words,"you degenerates can kiss my arse and get out of my house!"

Um, thank you Mrs. Wally.

Please don't ever be mad at me.

Who's left, oh right the um, losers.
The not so lucky?
The perseverent in the face of adversity?
Those who carry on God's work?
The "Its Only Money" Crowd?

Whatever. I don't want to embarass anyone so I will do this quickly, the following did very badly last night wallymrvegasthecoworker.

Final Highlights: It was nice, quiet game last night. We had a drink for MarkyMark, Cooper, and MillionDollarMan; wondered where the heck flyingDane and BMW were; speculated on golf games; generally ridiculed those absent; went on tilt; got stuck; got unstuck. You know, the usual horseshat.

Wish you were there. Next time, make it so.

I am definitely thinking about some restaurant reviews. Come back later.
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Voted Best Blog 2006 by the city of Cohoes, NY. Mr. Friendly humbly accepts this honor as he attempts to stamp out retardation in our lifetime.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Upstate NY
Get a hold of Mr. Friendly at: mrfriendlyalb@yahoo.com
LINKS
  • Albany Links
  • Albany Eye
  • Shamus
  • The Judge Report
  • Funniest Newspaperman out there...
  • Howie Carr
  • Bring on the Funny
  • Anonymous Co-worker
  • The Phoenix
  • McBlogger aka Kanadian Korner
  • This bug attracts women by the busload
  • Mad Haiku
  • Shilling Like my name is Ron Popeil
  • BMW Books
  • Wall of Shame
  • Untouchable
  • Experiments in Greater Readership
  • Cohoes
  • My Subcontractors Suck
  • Products That Work
  • ARCHIVES
    January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / February 2007 / July 2007 / February 2008 / March 2008 / April 2008 / June 2008 / July 2008 / August 2008 / November 2008 / December 2010 /


    Powered by Blogger