Mr. Friendly Says So
Friday, April 28, 2006
  Dropping Arse and Taking Names
Recap of last night’s HPT game. In the words of George Carlin
I could knock a buzzard off a shat wagon.

Aint that right, letsChat.

All right, so I am a little gassy, happens to the best of us right. No need to cry like a little girl.

Really, that’s my highlight. I made the big stack leave the table for 5 minutes. He might have puked, he might not have. Poker wise, it was not a good night for me. Hands played: 10, Hands Won: 1, Buy ins dropped: 3. Nice, real nice

For a tourney recap, I remember MillionDollarMan getting mad at me for trying to move the button by him. Then he raised his voice and I raised mine. Not to worry, it got straightened out, we hugged, and shared French roast and some tears.

Cooper and Lou: They came, they played, they left before the cash game. Bye, nice to see you…

Friend of ours (well, more like friends of MarkyMark): good players but they also showed a strange reluctance for the cash-o-rama.

Do all these people know I am gassy? Am I driving folks away?

flyingDane knocked out MillionDollar and lilRicky in the tournament’s last game. What were these gentlemen holding with their all ins:
MDM: shat
LilRicky: crappola
FlyingDane: marginally better suckout garbage.

As the second tourney casualty last night, I should not speak critically of my betters.

On the other hand, fug them.

On to the cash game, here’s my recap.
Folditty, folditty, fold, fold, fold,
Go allin, get crushed, get crushed, crushed, crushed
Bleeditty, bleeditty, bleed, bleed, bleed

Or MarkyMark’s recap is more to your liking (he’s talking to theHost):

Hey you were due to lose. Thanks to the last pot I won $2.25 (vs. $46 down if I had lost) so I'm happy. letsChat wouldn't call my lousy $6 all in at the end into a $40 plus pot (after I sucked out the nut flush on the river-after my LOOOOOSE call of his $11 bet after the turn on a one card draw!). Hey, it was the last hand.

I really like how Mark both chastises letsChat then apologizes for his suckout. It’s special poker moments like these that bring me back. But that’s me. Perhaps theHost is more to your liking:

I don't mind losing. But I would like a face card every now and then.
And with another power card would be awesome!
At least I controlled my losses. $46 in the neg. Only one rebuy.


Succinct, to the point, and totally devoid of comments about anyone else.

letsChat and lilRicky kick the shat out of the table. I know the chatbox left up over a hundy. I thought I heard Rick say he was up the same.

Unreal. You glorious bahstahds.

Anyone want to guess which lucky bahstahd(s) got stuck?

Me – about $20 ($35 with tourney loss)
flyingDane – he left so early, I lost track.
MillionDollarMan –not a good cash night for him
Sarge – came and played the cash game. Or maybe the game played him.
BMW -- well, Beemer, it was bound to happen. You get the moniker of “Donator of the Week.” Wear it in health.

So that was it. Game started at 6:30, packed it in around 11:30. Beer and meatballs flowed like water. People yelled, laughed, cursed, and had a good time.

Next week: A secret meeting for seventeen at MarkyMark’s. Come along, bring a friend. We’ll set up a satellite table out in the street.

And remember, if you are going to drop an arsebomb in public, make sure you do it where you will be called out for it.
 
Comments:
Every one is luckier than me.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Voted Best Blog 2006 by the city of Cohoes, NY. Mr. Friendly humbly accepts this honor as he attempts to stamp out retardation in our lifetime.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Upstate NY
Get a hold of Mr. Friendly at: mrfriendlyalb@yahoo.com
LINKS
  • Albany Links
  • Albany Eye
  • Shamus
  • The Judge Report
  • Funniest Newspaperman out there...
  • Howie Carr
  • Bring on the Funny
  • Anonymous Co-worker
  • The Phoenix
  • McBlogger aka Kanadian Korner
  • This bug attracts women by the busload
  • Mad Haiku
  • Shilling Like my name is Ron Popeil
  • BMW Books
  • Wall of Shame
  • Untouchable
  • Experiments in Greater Readership
  • Cohoes
  • My Subcontractors Suck
  • Products That Work
  • ARCHIVES
    January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / February 2007 / July 2007 / February 2008 / March 2008 / April 2008 / June 2008 / July 2008 / August 2008 / November 2008 / December 2010 /


    Powered by Blogger