Mr. Friendly Says So
Monday, March 06, 2006
  Back in the saddle again.
Since my contract vacation, I have been thinking about why I am on the bench in the first place. I came up with the following:

Reasons why my contract is not renewed yet:

1.) One too many "coffee and doughnuts" breakfasts at work. You know, they really cut into the work day.
2.) A hundred thousand a day not spent on me is another hundred thousand you have to waste on another CITRIX server.
3.) My rapier like wit.
4.) My sparkling personality.
5.) Well, when you issue the bid a week before the end of my contract, ask for a return in two days, get the bids back in time, then take 3 weeks to get the interviews done, this works out just about right.
6.) As the purchaser, you are banking that your pack of loser contractors will not find other work. Ironically, I was interviewed the day after I interviewed at another shop.
7.) 5 less bodies makes the office quieter.
8.) You, as the purchaser, are trying to piss off the project manager, who actually gets things done. So you remove some of his "ahem" ASSets.
9.) You forgot.
10.) The ever popular "push new expenditures into the next budget year" syndrome.

With that said, I got the call today and I restart tomorrow. Can't wait.
Hopefully, I will be in a better mood for work related moronica.
Poker is ok right now. Kicking arse on the cash games. But I am ready to resume the sleeping position at the office. If you work in Albany NY, I'll see you at the Pearl St. Dunkin' tomorrow at 8:30 sharp.
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Voted Best Blog 2006 by the city of Cohoes, NY. Mr. Friendly humbly accepts this honor as he attempts to stamp out retardation in our lifetime.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Upstate NY
Get a hold of Mr. Friendly at: mrfriendlyalb@yahoo.com
LINKS
  • Albany Links
  • Albany Eye
  • Shamus
  • The Judge Report
  • Funniest Newspaperman out there...
  • Howie Carr
  • Bring on the Funny
  • Anonymous Co-worker
  • The Phoenix
  • McBlogger aka Kanadian Korner
  • This bug attracts women by the busload
  • Mad Haiku
  • Shilling Like my name is Ron Popeil
  • BMW Books
  • Wall of Shame
  • Untouchable
  • Experiments in Greater Readership
  • Cohoes
  • My Subcontractors Suck
  • Products That Work
  • ARCHIVES
    January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / February 2007 / July 2007 / February 2008 / March 2008 / April 2008 / June 2008 / July 2008 / August 2008 / November 2008 / December 2010 /


    Powered by Blogger