Mr. Friendly Says So
Friday, February 10, 2006
  I am Donkey, hear my EEEEAAAAAWWW
Recap of the exciting action at MarkyMark's last night:
Me: EEEEEEAAAAAAAAWWWWW! EEEEEEAAAAAAAWWWWWW!

Two hands to talk about:
In the first game, after about 90 minutes of sparring, JonBoy needs to make a move. The blinds are 400/800 or something like that and he goes all in. I am in the SB and with a fleeting moment of clarity, I put him on a move. That means he probably has no pair but at least one paint. I look down at my K7o and after a few moments in the tank, I dive all in baby. By the look on Jon's face, I know I am ahead. He flips Q5o or something like that. I hold up. It was an exercise in futility though because I eventually bubbled out when I went all in with my 6s against LetsChat's mighty bullets. Our hero is down and out. BTW after the bubble, the game ended in about 5 minutes. SONOFAFUGGINBATCH!

In the second game at the second level, I get cowboys in EP. I raise it up 5x the BB. TanyaHarding, LetsChat's better 3/4's calls (huh?). I put her on a weak ace.
We go to the flop. Axx. I check and I am ready to fold (and I am already bent). She checks behind me (huh deux?). Turn is another A. This is where I get my panties in a bunch. I figure she does not have an A and I am good. What do you do when you think you are best? Why you push, of course. I do. She calls and flips her mighty A7o. I am toast. And I am burning like toast. She played me like a dope and I obliged. Congrats to TH. I will be waiting next time.

But for now, call me the Donkey.

Of course, before I go off into the night, I feel the burning desire to state my feelings on what I thought of her preflop play. Quite ungracious and I apologized there and here. I hate being a table captain more than I hate that play. I hope I did not offend too much.

Let the Thursday night crew be forewarned: Mr. Friendly is not so bent that he will stop attending. I feel I am in rut, but that has a way of changing in a grand fashion. Beware of rock like players hiding in the weeds.

Now, let's get down to some serious moronica.

I have some work related shat to share later.

I really hope it is funny.

Wait.
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Voted Best Blog 2006 by the city of Cohoes, NY. Mr. Friendly humbly accepts this honor as he attempts to stamp out retardation in our lifetime.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Upstate NY
Get a hold of Mr. Friendly at: mrfriendlyalb@yahoo.com
LINKS
  • Albany Links
  • Albany Eye
  • Shamus
  • The Judge Report
  • Funniest Newspaperman out there...
  • Howie Carr
  • Bring on the Funny
  • Anonymous Co-worker
  • The Phoenix
  • McBlogger aka Kanadian Korner
  • This bug attracts women by the busload
  • Mad Haiku
  • Shilling Like my name is Ron Popeil
  • BMW Books
  • Wall of Shame
  • Untouchable
  • Experiments in Greater Readership
  • Cohoes
  • My Subcontractors Suck
  • Products That Work
  • ARCHIVES
    January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / February 2007 / July 2007 / February 2008 / March 2008 / April 2008 / June 2008 / July 2008 / August 2008 / November 2008 / December 2010 /


    Powered by Blogger