Mr. Friendly Says So
Friday, January 13, 2006
  Around the horn
As I do my "duck and run" from work yesterday, I spot the most gorgeous pair of legs. No Fat, muscles forming a beautiful curve up to the rump. To show them off, she wore knee high boots and a very mini skirt. It was, in short, awesome.

However, here it comes, it ended there. Literally.

From the waist up. she had the visage and posture of a butcher. That didn't stop me from continually checking out her magnificent legs. But her image stays with me because of the striking contrast.

Sometimes it is pretty evident that the Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away.

OK. It is a fairly mild winter up here in the Upstate. The panhandlers are out in force. My "look up" total for the week is: 3. Twice by the same guy, different days. The other guy lays a story on me about his car, his license, and the scumbag Indian gas station owner. I can't even follow the story. 30 seconds go by and the pitch has not been made. Sorry dude, I am late for work.

In the big and small picture, Friendly Jr. gets all my change. The folding money stays that way. Sorry.

On to today's stock pick: Navistar (NAV). They make International Harvester trucks and truck/school bus engines. If you are a guy, I just gave you the single best reason to buy the stock. But if you want to be cold and logical, here goes:
ROE (return on equity) 50+% This is not normalized. Some down years in the recent past.
Trailing PE: 7.5
Forward PE: 5.0
Price to Book: 2.81 These dudes borrow ALOT of money
Price to Sales: 0.17

Paccar and Daimler are the competition and NAV sells at discounted ratios to both.

I am not sure why it is getting beat up so much. There are some legal issues (check out the latest 10K. The auto and truck industry is in the tank right now (check out F and GM). This stock smells of a leading company in a currently depressed industry.

Check it out. I DON'T CARE IF IT TANKED A BUCK FROM MY ENTRY POINT. BUY MORE!

Remember: I do have a position in Navistar. I initiated this week. However, I am not an investment counsellor nor, do I suggest any special market knowledge. Use this blog with caution.

$5 SNG single table last night. Played some big hands early, made moves in the middle, and at the end: I get AKh heads up. I try to get this dude to commit to the pot (I am about 2:1 leader in chips). I lay out T3500. And kabang he goes all in! Woo hoo. As I hit the call, the thought of pocket rockets goes through my head but, that's life. I made my move, now I must finish it. He turns over (here comes) ATc. Oooooohhhhhh, thanks for playing. NEXT!

Over and out.
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Voted Best Blog 2006 by the city of Cohoes, NY. Mr. Friendly humbly accepts this honor as he attempts to stamp out retardation in our lifetime.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Upstate NY
Get a hold of Mr. Friendly at: mrfriendlyalb@yahoo.com
LINKS
  • Albany Links
  • Albany Eye
  • Shamus
  • The Judge Report
  • Funniest Newspaperman out there...
  • Howie Carr
  • Bring on the Funny
  • Anonymous Co-worker
  • The Phoenix
  • McBlogger aka Kanadian Korner
  • This bug attracts women by the busload
  • Mad Haiku
  • Shilling Like my name is Ron Popeil
  • BMW Books
  • Wall of Shame
  • Untouchable
  • Experiments in Greater Readership
  • Cohoes
  • My Subcontractors Suck
  • Products That Work
  • ARCHIVES
    January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / February 2007 / July 2007 / February 2008 / March 2008 / April 2008 / June 2008 / July 2008 / August 2008 / November 2008 / December 2010 /


    Powered by Blogger